[info]Within the context of MACE (Metadata for Architectural Contents in Europe), a European project co-funded by the European Commission, a two-day international conference, entitled “Online Repositories in Architecture”, is organised in Venice during the period of “La Biennale di Architettura 2008″ on 12-13 September by EAAE (European Association for Architectural Education) and Collaboratorio (Italy) from the MACE project partnership.[/intro]The MACE project is interlinking architectural repositories. Gaps resulting from autonomous design, implementation, funding, and maintenance are bridged by implementing conceptual tools (ontologies, glossaries, and standards), interfaces and metadata agglomeration. This happens in order to create innovative e-learning tools that can help expert users and laypeople to find, tag, acquire, use, and discuss contents from many architectural repositories that previously had limited accessibility.
The Venice conference offers the opportunity to make MACE known to a wider public and, mostly, to summon educators, researchers, students, archivists, IT practitioners, and managers of major European architectural portals in order to share knowledge and experience, to convey approaches and research, to promote conceptual and technological tools, to search for common or integrated visions. Conference participants will also learn how to tag, classify, find, retrieve, use and make available digital architectural contents, scattered over different websites, databases, and digital archives on the Internet.
The conference is structured around a series of 20 presentations of selected papers, complemented with roundtable debates. outlined in three sessions on the following themes:
1. “Education: Teaching Architecture in the Digital Age”
2. “Digital Architectural Archives: Preservation, Dissemination and Use”
3. “An European Network of Architectural Contents”
Authors are invited to submit an abstract (1500-2000 words) in English on one of the aforementioned themes before 10 April 2008.
The Scientific Committee will select contributions via a blind review process and notify peer review results by 20 April 2008. The authors of the selected abstracts submit their full paper by 20 May 2008. Eventually, some papers will only be presented as posters A1 format.
Selected papers will be published in a book published by Fraunhofer IRB Verlag available to the audience at the conference. This MACE book on e-repositories will be published as no 37 in the series of “EAAE Transactions on Architectural Education “.
* Ezio Arlati
* Markus Eisenhauer
* Alberto Giretti
* Erik Duval
* Markus Specht
* Martin Wolpers
* Herman Neuckermans
* Mario Santana
* Prof. Herman Neuckermans – EAAE (European Association of Architectural Education) and Department of Architecture at K.U.Leuven ( Belgium).
* Dr. Arch. Furio Barzon – Collaboratorio and architecture.it
Author: abstract guidelines
* Word format
* File name: “name of the author-country-session-of-the-conference”
* Title of the paper (font: Arial 11, bold)
* Information on author: surname, first name, organisation/company, function, address, e-mail and a short Curriculum Vitae (5 lines) – (font: Arial 11)
* Abstract in English: 1500 to 2000 characters (font: Arial 11)
* Text in English: 22,000 characters at most (font: Arial 11)
Authors of the selected papers will be exempted from participation fee. For other participants the participation fee is 150 euro and for EAAE members 100 euro for the two days of the conference. Meals and housing are not included.
For more detailed info about registration, guidelines to authors visit: http://www.mace-project.eu/conference